Over 20+ years of professional experience in Software Development and System Administration. My main areas of specialisation are: Python, DevOps, Linux System administration and iOS Apps Development.
Some of the companies I worked for include: HP Japan, KDDI, AXA Direct Japan, VML London and INSHUR.
I have extended experience working remotely and on-site. I have experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Management, and Implementation of various standalone and client - server architecture based enterprise application software.
I invest most of my time keeping myself up-to-date with the latest technologies in the market, constantly improving myself, trying new techniques and keeping updated about new architectures, design patterns and the latest trends in the industry.
I started my career in 1995, gaining experience in a vast array of technologies. Initially working with Linux as a system administrator and deploying and installing OpenMosix clusters for 3D rendering. This lead me to discover a passion for teaching, and I spent 2 years teaching Linux system administration and software development to engineers, for private and public companies. I then moved to Japan where I worked for more than 7 years, totally immersed in a traditional Japanese corporative environment. I mainly worked as a system administrator, migrating UNIX systems, (HP-UX, Solaris) into Linux. I got involved in the open source community, serving as VP of the Tokyo Linux Users Group and being active in the Open Solaris Tokyo Users Group. In 2010 I decided to jump into mobile apps development, and during that time I released more than 20 apps in the App Store for clients as a contractor. Currently I live and work in Brighton (UK). I’m focusing on Python development, DevOps, IaC (Infrastructure as code), mobile apps development and video games development.
- Programming languages: Python, Swift, Objective-C, C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Tcl, Bash, Awk, Rego
- Methodologies: Agile (Kanban, Scrum), TDD, BDD
- Operating Systems: Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, Windows
- Version Control: Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, SVN, CVS
- DevOps: AWS, GCP, Terraform, Vault, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Xcode Server, Fastlane
- Project management: JIRA, ZenHub
- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Cockroach, Realm, Core Data, Oracle
- Photography and video editing: Final Cut Pro, Lightroom, Premiere
- Design: Photoshop, Apple Motion, Pixelmator, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Blender, Gimp
I’m passionate about photography, retro computers and electronics.